Fort Morgan Humane Society
900 East Railroad, Fort Morgan, CO 80701
1. The FMHS is a nonprofit organization that will report any case of abuse or mistreatment of any animal, and will prosecute to the full extent of the law.
2. I agree to care for this animal in such a manner as to meet with the approval of the FMHS.
3. I am aware of the cost of housing, feeding and providing medical care for this animal, and am prepared to provide such.
4. FMHS makes no claim as to the health of this animal. All animals may have been exposed to various diseases. The animal adopted may have other health issues not found by a veterinarian, and these and all future medical costs are not the responsibility of FMHS. FMHS does not guarantee the above animal to be free of the rabies virus or of any other disease, even if the animal has been vaccinated.
5. The adoption fee I am paying to the FMHS covers the following only: (a)DAPP vaccination (b)Rabies (c)CRPC cat vaccination (d) Microchip (e) $50 bond deposit for spay/neuter. No other expenses are covered.
6. The 30 days of free insurance is provided by ShelterCare.com. There is a $75 deductible and covers up to $750 of vet care. FMHS is not responsible for any reimbursements associated with the insurance. You need to activate the insurance through the email you have provided us within 72 hours.
7. This animal may be spay/neutered by the FMHS. If it has not been spay/neutered at the time of possession I will take the animal to a vet of my choice for spay/neuter and provide documentation to the FMHS.
8. We hope you enjoy your new family member" If you should need to return your adopted pet, we will accept the pet back at any time within the first 30 days. The FMHS does not give "ANY" (no exceptions) adoption refunds, however you may choose another pet within 60 days of your return.
City / State / ZIP
( FMHS Staff) Paid:
• It shall be unlawful to adopt any dog or cat that is not already spay/neutered prior to leaving the facility unless the prospective owner has paid a deposit as determined by the FMHS but no less than $50.00 to the adopting shelter and signed a written agreement with the FMHS to have the animal spay/neuter.
The deposit may be reclaimed upon presentation of written correspondence from a license veterinarian that the animal has been spay/neutered within 90 days of adoption. The facility may extend the 90 day requirement upon presentation of written correspondence from a licensed vet stating that the life or health or the adopted animal may be jeopardized by sterilization. Failure to do so within 90 days will result in the forfeiture of the deposit as well as ownership of the animal. It will be the right of the FMHS to reclaim the animal after this time period.
After proof of spay/neuter your refund will be issued and sent to you by mail from our corporate office.
• I will assume all responsibility for this animal and provide humane treatment, including adequate food, water, shelter, vaccinations, licensure, and veterinary care as needed.
• I will not allow the animal to run loose. I will not allow a de-clawed cat access to outdoors.
• I will not allow the animal to be used for food, medical research, combat, or any form of experimentation
• I hereby acknowledge receipt of the animal as describes above from the FMHS and acknowledge the condition of the adoption.
The FMHS endeavors to ensure the health of the animals under our care, but cannot be responsible for illness or injury sustained prior to, during, or after the animals stay at the FMHS. If the animal becomes sick, you are advised to seek assistance of a veterinarian. The adoptive owner agrees to assume responsibility for the care and maintenance of the adopted animal.
Thank You for your Submission!
© Copyright 2011 Fort Morgan Humane Society